Thursday, May 20, 2010

oh for a nap!

The sun is trying so hard to peek out from its hiding spot amidst the dark grey clouds, yet somehow it just isnt quite strong enough. Though im really not one to complain about cloudy days in paradise as i do quite prefer them to days where the sun pulsates through my skull like a bad hangover, and the sweat beads across my upper lip while compiling in small pools in my bra beneath my sweaty bosom.

I am feeling sleep deprivation creeping upon me as my beautiful little monster felt it was in his best interest to wake up every hour last night for his ritual feeding. I suppose hes growing, at least thats what i tell myself to ward off the horrid thought that my son is no more than a selfish, breast hording, glutton! Is it horrible for me to think this? I mean after all hes only an innocent little baby whom I brought into this world; but my girlfriend reassured me that we all have these thoughts at which point I breath a sigh of relief not feeling like such a crappy mummy!

What I would give for a nap, such a Divine little palabra ( or word as we say in English )! A little siesta under a tall palm tree while swinging in a handwoven hammock somewhere on a white pristine beach with a cool breeze tickling the back of my neck would be ideal but hell, ill take one in my bed on white cotton sheets under the AC if need be!!!!
Unfortunately sleep isnt on the menu for this morning (well at least not on my menu... right my darling baby?!)
The catch of the day is laundry, piled high on top of a long list of groceries, with a tasty side dish of cleaning all the spots my muchacha (cleaning lady ) blindly missed in her haste to get to her next higher paying job!!! And for dessert, the piece de resistance a long promised massage for my husband who works so hard to maintain our lavish middle class lifestyle!!! Gosh I love that man, and I do say that in all sincerity, so I suppose a little icing on his cake once in a while really isnt too much to ask.





No comments:

Post a Comment